I’m not going to tell you that I love words and can spot a comma splice at fifty paces, because that wouldn’t really set me apart from all the other editors out there and explain why you should hire me.
This is why you should hire me
- I’m a publishing professional with 17 years’ experience as an editor and project manager.
- I’ve got a list of satisfied clients who commission me again and again. However, I also enjoy working for new contacts – variety is one of the things I value most about working for myself.
- I’m highly qualified, an Advanced Professional Member of the SfEP (Society for Editors and Proofreaders), and take training and CPD very seriously.
- I know when to look at the big picture and when to focus on the minute details. This is an important skill for an editor.
- I’m nice to work with, and will always go the extra mile to do a good job for you.
I have extensive experience of working on trade non-fiction, especially practical titles in the areas of architecture, art and craft, fashion and cookery, though I will tackle most subjects intended for a general readership. I am known for fixing things; I can find a way to sort information out and make content work. I also have a background in educational publishing, producing resources for students and teachers, and editing textbooks for vocational qualifications. As well as working on books, I am a regular editor and proofreader for several airline magazines, with a readership of millions.
I divide my time between project management, copy-editing, proofreading and other editorial tasks such as anglicising. I work in Word and InDesign, and really enjoy untangling tricky problems and imposing a sense of order on things. However, I am always sympathetic to the needs of the client and the author.